The Receipt Printer TSP650IIBi is a bluetooth printer from Star Micronics that is not part of Sitoo's standard hardware assortment, but can be connected to Sitoo POS. In this article you will find support for installing your TSP650IIBi.
Check Current Setting
- Turn off the printer by pressing Power Off/On.
- Hold down the feed button while turning on the printer on Power Off/On.
- Release Power Off/On while continue holding down the feed button for about 5 seconds until a first receipt is printed through the printer.
- After a few seconds, another receipt will be printed.
- At the bottom of receipt Nr 2, third row from the bottom "Current Setting" it can either be set as ON or OFF.
- If it is ON, please proceed to the next installation phase. If it is OFF, please proceed to the next step.
- Do a reset on receipt printer: On the back of the printer there is a button called Reset, located next to the power source. Note: The power must be turned on.
- Use a pen or similar item to hold the button for 5 seconds.
- Now repeat steps 1-5.
- Please verify that it now says ON on receipt Nr 2.
- Turn the printer off and turn it upside down.
- Unscrew the hatch.
- On the inside you will find 8 switches.
- All should be pointed upwards towards ON. If anyone points down, please move it upwards.
- Turn the printer back on, screw on the hatch, and turn on the printer.
Connect the receipt printer to Sitoo POS
- Make sure the receipt printer is turned on.
- Go to iPad Settings > Bluetooth > Turn on Bluetooth.
- In the list of units, your receipt printer should be available. Tap it to connect.
- Go to Sitoo POS > Menu > Settings.
- Under Hardware Devices you'll see all currently connected devices.
- Tap the plus sign in the top right and choose Star Micronics.
- Now tap the magnifying glass in the top right corner.
- The app will then search for any connected printers. This may take a while. When the printer appears, simply tap it and it will be added to your cash register.
- Once you have selected a receipt printer from the search result, you will be passed on to the view below (note that the IP address below is an example - the IP you will see should look like this: BT: Star Micronics).
- The field IP address should automatically be filled in with "BT: Star Micronics".
- Mark the printer as the default printer. When you press the button, it should turn green.
- Press Done.