When you have received our hardware you are just about ready to use Sitoo POS. This article will help you set up the different devices needed for the cash register to function properly.
Please read this article covering all of our network requirements.
If you have received an Amplifi router from Sitoo, please reda this article to install your router.
We recommend quality over high capacity when it comes to the internet connection in store. This meaning that we prefer a steady connection without interruptions or disturbance.
We recommend an internet connection with a capacity of at least 10 Mbit. We also recommend a wired connection (in) and do not advise the use of a 4G connection.
Wired and wireless connection
In store Sitoo POS needs a shared wired/wireless network with possibilities of both types of connection. We recommend the use of mesh networks in terms of mobility.
Each POS (iPad) require a wireless network (Wi-Fi) with 2-3 wired connection for the receipt printer, card terminal and scanner. The use of a switch in the checkout area is permitted.
Locking IP address to MAC address
In order to secure the connection between iPad (wireless) and the wired hardware we recommend the locking of IP address to MAC address of the hardware device.
Please name the Wi-Fi network by something recognizable by the store personnel, so that they know which wifi the iPad should be connected to if the iPad would jump network.
- You need a valid Apple ID to configure your iPad. If you do not have an Apple ID for the store, you can get one here.
- Start your iPad by pressing down the smaller button on the rare end of the iPad until the screen lights up.
- Choose County and Language. If you want to change language afterwards your able to do so on you iPad settings. The language settings affect the application language as well.
- Connect to the Store wi-fi (the same network as the other hardware devices are connected to trough network cable).
- Decide if you want to use Touch ID or not. We do not recommend Touch ID since this would be required each time a stor personnel need to access the iPad.
- Decide if you want to use a password on the iPad. This password is used to access the iPad. Please note the password if your store personnel would need it.
- Log in with you AppleID.
- Go to the app called Settings, looking like this:
- Tap General > Software Update. If there's any current updates in the list, please press Update. This will take about 10-15 minutes.
- Go go Display & Brightness to adjust the brightness on your screen.
- In the same view you also able to select or deselect Auto-lock.
- Go to the app App Store looking like this:
- Search for "Sitoo POS Kassaregister" and download the app with your AppleID.
- Press the home button on the iPad to leave App Store.
- Tap the app Sitoo POS open the app.
- Tap activate.
- Enter Account and Code. We will provide you with this information. If you have not received the account and/or code, please contact Sitoo support (+46 8 5000 93 00) and we will assist you.
Now it's time to install your card terminal. The terminal should be located in connection to your iPad for easy handling of card payment. Go to this guide to install the specific type of card terminal that you have in your store.
The card terminal does often have two cords, one power cord that goes to the power outlet and a network cable that goes to the network source. The card terminal is often placed on top of the desk with the cables going trough the desk down to the power outlet and network source. This may require a hole in the desk where the cables can go.
Now it's time to connect the receipt printer to other hardware devices. The printern should be located in connection to your iPad to easily handle printed receipts. Sitoo offers two types of receipts printer. Go to this guide to install the recept printer.
If your using a mc3-printer from Star Micronics; please read this installation guide.
If your using a TSP565II from Star Micronics; please read this installation guide.
The receipt printer does often have three cords, one power cord that goes to the power outlet, a network cable that goes to the network source and sometimes a third cord that is connected to the cash drawer. The printer is often placed on top of the desk with the cables going trough the desk down to the power outlet and network source. This may require a hole in the desk where the cables can go.
If you use a cash drawer, please follow these steps. When a purchase is made with a cash payment, a signal is sent from the receipt printer to the cash drawer which then will be ejected. At the rear end of the cash drawer you'll find a cord which is should be connected to your receipt printer. Place the free end of the cord into the socket on the back of the receipt printer, which is not occupied (provided that the printer is already connected to the router and power outlet as described above).
With Sitoo POS you can use barcode readers. We offer Socket Mobile or Datalogic.
Go to this guide to install Socket Mobile.
Go to this guide to install Datalogic.