At the end of the day it's time to close your cash register and generate a Z-report. The name of the currently logged in user is noted.Follow the instructions below.
- Tap the menu and then Close Register. You will be presented with a dialogue window. During the day, the system will keep tabs on your cash and present the expected sum that should be physically present in your cash drawer. It takes into account all sales, refunds and any withdrawals made in the POS app.
- Open the cash drawer and count the cash. Enter the sum of the counted cash. If the counted cash matches the expected cash the difference field will be presented as 0,00 in green text. If the counted sum does not meet the expected sum it will instead be noted in red text.
- The Withdrawal to bank function is voluntary. Enter a withdrawal amount to adjust the sum you wish to have in the cash drawer the next time you open the cash register. This sum can of course be adjusted to another sum when it is opened the next time.
- If you want to you can enter a comment to explain any difference if you know the reason behind it.
- Tap Close register when you're finished.
Example of closing the register
The cash register has an Expected sum of 8 828 kr.
Counted cash amounts to 8 828 kr.
6 828 kr is noted under Withdrawal to bank and is removed physically from the cash drawer. The diffrence of 2000 is noted as Remaining cash and is the sum that will be presented the following day.
When you close the register it will generate a Z-report according to Skatteverkets regulations. The Z-report contains a summary of that day's sales. It is also stored with a serial number. When a Z-report is generated it will reset the sales data in preparation for the coming day.
There are two data compilations you can use to check cash register events; X-report and Journal. The X-report contains the same data as the Z-report but can be used to glean the sales performed up to that point in time without reseting the sales data like a Z-report does. The Journal stores all events in a log. It is used for detailed study of different states of the cash register.
When you generate a Z-report you will receive a physical copy as well as a digital copy that is stored in the Report section of your Backoffice. If you have activated the Bookeping add on you can view each Z-report as a unique post.