When the scanner is connected to the cash register properly via Bluetooth, a green circular
barcode icon will appear in the upper right corner, next to your initials. See image below.
Ensure charging and bluetooth access
- Make sure your scanner is not uncharged. The scanner is charged via the charger cord which should be plugged in the nearest power outlet. Note that some models also contain rechargeable batteries that sometimes need to be replaced. Also check this!
- Make sure that Bluetooth access is allowed. On the iPad > Settings > scroll at the bottom of the app list to the left > Select Sitoo POS > Allow Bluetooth access.
The batteries must be rechargeable. Other batteries may cause problems in the scanner.
- Make sure the scanner is turned on: Remove the scanner from the charger and then press the big button. The scanner head will be lit red when it's turned on and you press the scanner button.
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on the iPad: Go to Settings on you iPad > Bluetooth. If the icon to the right is lit green the Bluetooth is turned on. See picture below.
- Make sure the scanner is connected to Bluetooth: In the Bluetooth section in the iPads settings, the connected device should be named "Socket [...]" under My devices. See picture below.
If "Socket [...]" is not marked as Connected, tap "Socket [...]" in the list of device.
Reset and reconnect the scanner
- Make sure the scanner is not uncharged. If it is uncharged, let it charge for a while.
- Unplug the charges.
- Turn off the scanner by pressing the small button until you hear a sound.
- Start the scanner by pressing the small button until you hear a sound.
- Release the scanner by pressing the big button and the small button simultaneously until you hear another sound.
- Restart the scanner by pressing the small button until you hear a sound.
- Open Settings on your iPad > Bluetooth.
- If the unit "Socket [...]" is already connected, press the icon 'i' and select "Forget this device."
- Turn off Bluetooth.
- Turn on Bluetooth. The unit "Socket [...]" should appear in the list.
- Select the unit "Socket [...]" to connect.
- Restart the Sitoo app; double-click the home button, located on the iPad's short side, and swipe the app upwards.
- Press the home button once. Now you're back to the iPad's homepage.
- Locate the Sitoo POS app on your iPad.
- Press Sitoo POS and open the checkout.
- After a while, the green scanner icon should appear to the left of your initials in the upper right corner.
- Now test the scanner by scanning a product barcode.
Reset Socket Scanner to factory settings
- First scan the barcode below:
- Then scan this code to configure it for iOS:
If you have tried to reconfigure your scanner without success, after reconfiguration please complete steps 1-17 above.