Once you have created a product in Sitoo, you can create product recommendations that are presented in Sitoo POS; accessories, upgrades or similar products.
Definition of terms
The following list describes the column names (fields) found in the import file, as well as its corresponding properties and settings in Backoffice > Products.
|sku||Product article number. Must be included to specifie which product you want to match with another.|
|productrelatedkey||Here you enter a key that should be the same for a group of related products. The key may be a number combination or a word, but it must be unique to the products that belong together. Note: The key is temporary at this particular import.|
Create an import file
- Either use our import template found at the end of this article. Then you'll start of with an empty excel that you can fill with information.
- Alternatively, you can use the existing product list in Sitoo. Then follow the steps below.
- Log in to Backoffice > Products. Export the products you want to edit; select all or only selected products.
- Overview of the excel file: Each row represents a product variant, and each of the columns in the excel file corresponds to a separate property or information field.
- Remove all columns except from 'sku'. To do this, select the columns, right-click at the top, select Delete.
- Now add a column that you name 'productrelatedkey'.
Fill the import file
- Column A now lists all part numbers (sku).
- Column B indicates a key that binds the products to each other (productrelatedkey). The number you choose to use is temporary for import and should be common to the products you want to pair. See examples below.
De produkter som har siffran 1 i kolumn b kommer att kopplas till varandra och de med siffran 2 kommer att höra ihop med varandra.
In the example above, it means that the first three products will be related to each other, and the two products at the bottom will in turn be related to each other.
Import the import file
- In the excel file, select the rows and columns that contain data.
- Right-click the selected area > Copy.
Do not mark empty rows and columns.
- Log in to Backoffice > Products.
- Tap Import in the lower right corner.
- Right click in the white textbox.
- Paste the information that you previously copied from your excel file.
It is important that the cursor is just behind the last character. Remove any spaces.
- Tap continue > Import > OK.
You might in the step receive information about the number of products that will be updated through the import in this step. If the system does not recognize a specific sku, the system will construe it as new product. We recommend that you double check this sku and product.
Click on the link below to download our import template. Please use this document to import related products into Sitoo.
The column names in the import template must not be formatted. They should keep the names that are in the template and always spelled in lowercase. Also, make sure the file does not get any other formatting.