In Sitoo Backoffice > Campaigns, you can create and manage cart campaigns and product campaigns. Both sections present a list of all campaigns available in store, both active and inactive. In this view, you can choose to add and edit campaigns.
Keep in mind that if you integrate Sitoo with an ERP, campaigns might be administered in this system and not directly in Sitoo Backoffice.
Add a new campaign
- Log in to Sitoo Backoffice > Campaigns.
- When you add a new campaign to Sitoo Backoffice, you should first choose whether you want to add a cart campaign or a product campaign in lower menu bar.
- Once you have selected a section - cart campaign or product campaign - tap the add icon.
- Enter the name of the campaign. This will be visible to the customer when the campaign is used.
- Optional: Enter the name of the campaign group of which the campaign belongs. This is for grouping different campaigns that can then be used for follow-up and reporting.
- Enter any discount code for the campaign. If you do not enter a code, the campaign will be activated automatically when the linked products are placed in the shopping cart. If you enter a code, you need to enter this at the checkout to activate the campaign. Note however, that all cart campaigns requires code.
You are able to decide which the type of campaign you want to create. For more information on what types of campaigns you can create, see the section Product Campaign and Cart Campaign.
Period of validity
In the section validity, you specify the time period for which the campaign applies. Since Sitoo Backoffice takes all time zones into account, you must specify the validity period with both date and time. Otherwise, the campaign will end as soon as the specified date begins in each time zone.
Example: A campaign created in Swedish time (UTC +1: 00) with end date tomorrow at 12:00 will end in New York (UTC -5: 00) at 06:00.
If no time frame is specified, the campaign will be valid until the campaign is deactivated or deleted.
If you want a campaign to end at the same time of the day regardless of the time zone, one campaign for each time zone is recommended.
Prioritize your campaigns
You can decide in which order the campaigns should be applied at the checkout. Prioritization can be done on a scale from 1-5 where campaigns with priority 1 is applied first to the checkout. Thus you can control the order of which the discounts will be deducted from a cart that takes part in several different campaigns.
Principle "Best for the customer"
When a campaign is used for several goods, the discount is calculated from a so-called "Best for the customer" principle.
For example, if a product is linked to a campaign that offers "Buy 3, pay for 2" and a customer purchases 6 products, the system will give the customer the largest discount that is possible for the purchase.
This means that if 6 books are purchased within a 3 for 2 campaign (cheapest for free) and the different books are sold for 20 €, 25 €, 30 €, 35 €, 40 €, 45 €, giving the customer 55 € in discount. The system groups the 3 products at the lowest price and deducts the price of the cheapest product within that group. Then the 3 products within the highest price range are grouped together, deducting the price for the cheapest product within that group.