A generic product is a general product button that can be used when products are to be sold that is not yet in the system - such as "Women's Clothing" in a fashion store, "Make Up" in a beauty store or for example just e button named "Other".
In this article, we will step by step review how to create a generic product for Sitoo POS.
Add a new product group
Go to Sitoo Backoffice > Settings > Product Groups and Sales Tax. You will be presented with a list of all of your current product groups.
- Tap the add icon in the upper left corner
- Enter the name of you product group - preferably the same as the name as the generic product you wish to create in the end.
- Internal comment: Enter an instruction regarding the use of the product group.
- Type: Choose either Goods och Service.
- Tax: Enter the percentage of tax.
Add a new product
- Go to Sitoo Backoffice > Products.
- Tap the add icon in the uppler left corner .
- Mark the product as active in POS and not active on Webshop.
- Enter a product name, preferably with less than 30 characters, for example Female fashion".
- Enter a unique sku. The ske should contain a maximum of 10 characters in the formats: a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and -
- Choose main catagory, which is the menu tab where you will find the product in the POS.
- Choose the product groups of which this product will belong.
- Unmark "Activate Stock Handling" and "Allow Backorder Listing" in the section STOCK & DELIVERY.
- When it comes down to pricing you may decide if the generic product should have a fixed price or not. If you decide on a fixed price, please enter that pris. Keep in mind that there could be a lot of products with different pricing sold as this generic product. Therefore we recommend that you do not set a fixed price, and leave the pricing section as is.
Now you have a new generic product in Sitoo POS.