Sitoo Backoffice allows you to add and edit products in various ways. If you are unable to add and edit many products manually, you can also import edits or make some quick edits directly in the product overview in Backoffice. In this article, we go through how to edit a product manually.
- Log in to Sitoo Backoffice > Products.
- Open an existing product by pressing the edit icon or adding a new product by pressing the add icon. Below you'll find an explanation to each product attribute.
Specify whether the product should be active and visible in the webshop and / or the cash register system. If the product is not active, the product will not be displayed.
Enter any product name that consists of fewer than 30 characters.
Assign each product and product variant a unique artivcle number (sku). Article number is required to stock the product or connect it to another system via Sitoo REST API. The article number should consist of a maximum of 10 characters in the formats: a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and -.
For best result please use:
- High resolution images.
- Clear images with transparent background.
- Square images, for example 1600 x1600 px.
- Images saved for web and in jpg format.
The product's first image is used in most product lists and in Sitoo POS.
Products in, for example, different colors or sizes can be presented as product variants. Then you can manage the product as one single product instead of creating several different products.
- Tap activate variant.
- Enter one or more variant groups, for exampel Colour, Size, Weight.
- Add as many variants as needed and edit their specific product information.
Each variant requires a unique article number. If you use barcodes, each variant requires a unique barcode. It is possible to use the product's article number as a barcode.
- Choose the main category. The product's main category should be as niche for the product as possible. For example, Clothing> Women> Bottoms> Skirt.
- Enter additional categories. If you want to show the product in more categories, enter these in the white box.
- If you want to choose more categories please hold the "cmd" (Mac) or "ctrl" (PC) button on the keyboard while selecting the desired categories.
Price = Refers to the sales price to the customer. Remember to double check if you are editing the product in exclusive or inclusive VAT. You make the choice at the top right under Backoffice > Products.
Regular Price = Recommended Price.
Purchase price = Refers to the product's purchase cost or manufacturing cost. Coverage contributions etc. are calculated on the price page in Backoffice.
Product Group & VAT = Refers to the products Sales Tax.
If you have enabled variants, enter price information and barcodes at the top of the page.
Product description of less than 50 characters. This is used in the product information dialogue in Sitoo POS, where the long description does not fit.
The html description is like the long description, but you can use formatted text or insert html objects such as pictures and videos.
Stock & Delivery
If you handle your products with barcode scanners, the product must have a unique barcode.
If you have enabled variants, enter the barcode at the top of the page.
Activate Stock Handling
Inventory management is activated by default on new products. The stock status is calculated based on how many products are in stock. If you want to show simplified inventory value such as "In stock", "Few left" and "Order goods", go to Settings> Theme settings.
Allow Backorder Listing
Allow Backorder Listing is activated by default on new products. When activated the product is still available to the customer even if it is not in stock.
Amount & Unit
Select the check box that allows decimals if you want to sell products in volume instead of pieces. For example, kg, liters or more meters.
Here you can specify in which unit type the product is sold in. Often this is left blank and then the standard unit is used. The default unit is set under Settings > Theme settings.
Specify the manufacturer or Brand of the product.
- Go to Settings > Products > Manufacturers.
- Then select the manufacturer in the drop-down window.
- Add the manufacturer's part number if you want to show this together with the product.
- Enter the link address (url) to a product page of manufacturer which is displayed together with the product.
Accessories, Cross-selling, Up-selling
Add recommendations to the product information in Sitoo POS.
Custom 3 and 4 = Specify specific keywords to tag the product, for example in order to facilitate product search in Sitoo POS. The keywords are not visible.
Own 5 = Enter numbers to sort your products in Sitoo POS. Can be used for sorting, ie in which order the products are displayed in the webshop or checkout.
Custom 1 - 5 can also be used to provide extended product information in Sitoo POS.